Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Fluttering by again!!

Hi and welcome to Flutter By Wednesday over at Dannis Dreams. Every Wednesday the Flutterby Team creates new cards with either Butterflies or Fairies. This week I had fun with my card because my very last bella sistah (Hi Carrie!!) sent me this awesome pack of paper from DCWV called Blossoms and Butterflies. It is gorgeous and fun and all the paper has butterflies on them so I worked my card today around the paper. I hope you can see the little border of brown butterflies in the middle and over to the right, there is a little silver butterfly embossed into the paper with the swirls. Then all I did was stamp my image which is from My Favorite Things onto PTI White Cardstock. Colored with copics and used some Crystal Effects on the water in the vase. I cut my image out with my circle nesties and mounted it to a Bashful Blue circle also cut with my nesties. Then I popped that up with dimensionals. Stamped and cut out my sentiment, also from My Favorite Things, with my oval punches. THEN behind my sentiment I cut out of Chocolate Brown paper some little leaves using my die from SU and popped up a butterfly on the leaves which I stamped onto Georgia Pacific paper, colored with my copics and glitter pen, and cut out. Voila!! It was so strange not to use any ribbon on my card but really the paper was decorative enough.

You can play along with Flutterby Wednesday also!! It is fun so come along and join us. All you have to do is make your flutterby card and post to SCS or PCP using the keyword FBW.

This week Danni is introducing some new team members who are ultra talented ladies. Please welcome to the team, Kim, Nicola, Harriet and Stef. And our featured stamper this week is the FABU Kristie!!

Here is a list of the rest of the team, in no special order, so you can check out their work.

Nicola
Stef
Kim
Harriet
Cassie
Ashley
Cathy
Heather
Michelle
Danni
Kristie
Jodi
Nancy
Chris

13 comments:

Stef H said...

WOW! This is stunning!

Hugs,

Nicola said...

Wow what a beautiful card Ann, I love your dp and this image is so pretty.
Thank you for the warm welcome to the team. -x-

Nancy said...

Ann, this is beautiful, and the paper is gorgeous...what a good friend to send it to you!! Great work this week!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow!! I love your colors and layout Ann!! Great job!
hugs,
Chris

Kim said...

Hi Ann! That is a beautiful card. Looking forward to your weekly creations.

Danni said...

Another wonderful creation!! Love, love, love the butterfly!!

Michelle said...

Ann your card is awesome!! Love the butterfly strip and the flowers with the butterfly on it. GORGEOUS!

Harriet Skelly (SCS hskelly) said...

This is beautiful! I love the colors and I have to get some of the DCWV Blossoms and Butterflies paper!!

Jodi said...

Very pretty card!! Love that pretty paper and those butteflies!!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Kristie W. said...

Beautiful card! The dp is awesome!

Kathy Jones said...

This is beautiful and I really like that butterfly border!!

Cassie said...

this is soooo lovely ann! i love the color combos and what an awesome treat of paper!!

Heather Schlatter said...

Hey Ann,

This was a great use of a Flutter By punch and I enjoyed the flower in the round nestie too!!! Great Flutter By take this week although you always have great takes!!!

Heather