Saturday, January 30, 2010

Thanks for your kindness

Okay now how sweet is this little bear from Taylored Expressions? I have been hoarding this set called Beary Special for awhile without inking it up but Taylors Sketch Challenge TESC98 from 2 weeks ago just screamed for this image in my book.

I started by stamping my image three times. Once on cardstock, once on the printed paper and once on the red paper and then paper pieced the little bear that I cut out of the cardstock. I mounted that onto the grey, cream and red circles cut from my nesties. My gorgeous dp is my newly acquired October Afternoon which I finally found through a friend. All cardstock is SU and I finished this sweet card off with 3 tiny red buttons, one with linen thread tied in a bow.

It is bitter cold again here on Long Island. As you all know, my son is of Bar Mitzvah age and all of his class are making their Bar/Bat Mitzvahs this year so we are heading to Temple in a bit to celebrate with one of those children. I have to say that it is so wonderful to watch these children that we have known for years accomplish this wonderful task of reading from the Torah. I myself did not make my Bat Mitzvah but I am so very proud to be watching my son and his friends. My husband on the other hand did make his Bar Mitzvah and was Bar Mitzvahed in the same Temple we belong to know so it is extra special. 

Thanks so much for taking a look today. Hope you enjoyed your visit. I will be back again tomorrow or maybe later with a sweet little card I made for Mojo Monday . Have a great weekend.
Ann

8 comments:

Sandi said...

Ann you create with the coolest images, that little bear with background words is the BEST, I love your colors and details. Hugs

Stef H said...

ooooooo i love this. that teddy is gorgeous with all them layers.

big congrats to DS

hugs :)

Lisa Foster said...

Hi Ann!
This is soooooooo sweet! I love it!
Hugs,
Lisa

CLHAJNAL said...

I LOVE IT!!! Beary sweet!!! How sweet is your post, just adorable. I hope you have a wonderful day at temple...stay warm!!!

Dina said...

This is fabulous!! Love your paper pieced bear,he looks great! The sketch looks so good with this and I love the buttons, what a perfect touch! Stay warm at Temple!

Karen Motz said...

Ann, this is ADORABLE!!!! I love love LOVE the paper piecing...especially the printed paper for teddy. These colours are so fab together...GORGEOUS!!!

Debby said...

This is darling! Love the ribbon bow on the button instead of just tying it off. Very cute.

Miss Boo (a.k.a. jen70) said...

Awww! Such a darling card!