Monday, February 2, 2009

Polar Bear Sunday here in Long Beach


Every year, here in Long Beach, on Superbowl Sunday, the Polar Bear club takes their annual "plunge" into the Ocean. They do it for the Make a Wish foundation and usually raise a ton of money. This year it was extra special because they were trying to break a Guiness Book Record. The news media was here and the people from Guiness were making everyone sign in to be part of it. Well my 11 yr old son and his best bud had to be part of it. Here they are after they dove into the ocean on a 35 degree day!!! So brave!! They had a blast but my son needed to defrost in the shower for about 1/2 hour!! LOL.

So now onto some card business. I recieved my new "Rainy Day Friends" set from Paper Pretties this weekend and just HAD to make a fun springtime card. It gave me such hope that warm weather is right around the corner (even though we are expecting snow tonight and all day tomorrow!!) Here is my card. All cardstock is SU. My DSP is SU Washington Apple. I love this paper!!! I embellished a Heidi Swapp Acetate Flower with my two way glue pen and dazzling diamonds. Then found a button in my stash to finish it off. My little tag was made with my new Slice Machine which I am having a blast with. So that is it for me tonight. Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great night.

Ann

4 comments:

Danni said...

Brrrr....I use to think I wanted to be part of the polar bear club, umm, not so much anymore!
Love your card! That set is on my wishlist!

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh what a happy, fun card Ann!!! I love that stamp and the paper is just so cheery!! (yellow is my favorite color!) too cute!

Sharon Caudle said...

forgot to say Hurrah for your son and his friend for being brave enough to take the plunge for charity!! BRRRRR!!!! :)

CLHAJNAL said...

ATTA BOYS!!!! How awesome is that!! What a story to have for the rest of his life. I love it!!

Carrie