Sunday, February 5, 2012

Lets Hang Out



Hi All!!! Happy Superbowl Sunday. We are excited here in NY because of the Giants playing so there are people "Hanging Out" all day today!! We are having company for the game also.

Another exciting event here in my town is the Annual Polar Bear Swim. We live at the beach and every year on Superbowl Sunday the Polar Bears take a plunge in the ocean to raise money for the Make a Wish Foundation. It is a HUGE event here in our town and alot of money is raised every year. This year my kids have decided to take the plunge too. I personally will stay home and wait for my caterer to deliver my food but there will be thousands of people watching this event and participating. Fun stuff.

So it seemed appropriate to post this card I made last week for the Bella Sketch Challenge. I used one of my fav Bella Stamps called Hanging Baskets and I pulled out some older paper called Pixilicious. This stamp reminds me of the 70's with macrame basket hangers. Does anyone remember those or am I dating myself now!!!

Thanks for stopping by today. Enjoy you Sunday..

6 comments:

Carol Cel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol Cel said...

My son lives in a beach community on LI, NY also. He is also going to do the polar bear swim with a group of friends. I imagine it is the same one. Hope your kids had fun!
GO GIANTS!!!

Danni said...

My husband did the polar bear plunge here on New Year's Day but he wants to do it again somewhere colder..hehe!!
Love your card, so pretty!!

Dana White said...

Ann this is a perfect card for today! Enjoy hanging out with friends for the game.

Jodi Collins said...

This image reminds me of those seventies macrame plant holders too! LOVE this!

Karen Motz said...

I love these hanging plants Ann!!! You've done a fabulous job bringing them to life with your colour choices!!